TiO2Mesh™ is a surgical mesh implant specially indicated for repair of soft tissue defects of the abdominal wall, where a non-absorbable support material is required. Relevant applications include the repair of inguinal and incisional hernias in all common surgical procedures and even IPOM. Federal law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of physician.
TiO2Mesh™ – Innovative hernia repair
TiO2Mesh™ is made from a monofilament polypropylene thread and has a large-pored structure with blue orientation stripes. The single fibers of the mesh implants are completely covered by a high-purity and adherent titanium oxide surface coating to enhance the biocompatibility. In combination with the lightweight character, the large-pored structure and the reduced material surface lead to improved fibroblastic ingrowth and reduced shrinkage. Studies with titanium oxide coated implants compared to uncoated materials demonstrated a significant increase in cell viability and cell adhesion by the biocompatible coating.
The biocompatible coating furthermore generates a hydrophilic implant surface. Together with the blue orientation stripes, the intraoperative handling and placement of TiO2Mesh™ is significantly supported. TiO2Mesh™ is provided to the user in various sizes and shapes. In addition to the standard measurements, tailor made mesh implants for specific indications of modern hernia surgery are available on request.
The advantages at a glance
The new generation of surgical mesh:
- Completely covered by a 100 % pure titanium oxide layer
- Light weight mesh with reduced material surface for all treatments
- Versatile indication specific sizes and designs adapted to the surgeons needs
- Large pored mesh structure (2,8 mm) with 47 g/m2
- Optimized pore structure or highest flexibility
- Self inflating for fast and effective laparoscopic handling
- Fast and effective mesh placement supports the clinical time management
- Blue orientation stripes for improved laparoscopic handling and positioning
Mesh-assisted breast reconstruction after mastectomy
TiO2Mesh™ BRA is an innovative surgical mesh implant for breast reconstruction after mastectomy. Its titanium oxide layer ensures an excellent biocompatibility.
TiO2Mesh™ BRA can be stretched in both directions and is perfectly coordinated with the dynamics of human body tissue in terms of elasticity. TiO2Mesh™ BRA is available in different sizes.